Karma Teen apprenticship
A KINETIX YOGA PROJECT
September - june
Community SERVICE hours UNLIMITED YOGA CLASSES DISCOUNTED AERIAL ARTS CLASSES SELF CARE TRAINING TRAUMA INFORMED TRAINING VISION BOARDING journaling CREATING HEALTHY HABITS MINDFULNESS OVERHAUL
Ages 13 - 19
Must Complete Application Form Online firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kinetix Karma Teen Apprenticeship Program
The Kinetix Karma Teen Apprenticeship Program is a cornerstone of our Studio’s commitment to serving youth. Each year students are offered the opportunity to obtain a paid summer job teaching kids yoga and aerial arts at our summer camp.
The program is a great opportunity for young people to learn valuable skills, get paid, and have fun within in the movement and wellness sector. Students selected for the program participate in an apprenticeship throughout the school terms where they gain expertise in the fundamentals of yoga, gymnastics and aerial arts learn how to instruct young children in basic art lessons, learn about the expectations of the workplace, and develop good work habits. Successful completion of the apprenticeship leads to paid summer employment as an instructor in our summer camp.
To be eligible, applicants must be 16 years old by June of the year for which they are applying. There is no prior experience necessary. Students who are selected for this program will participate in an apprenticeship program in the school term, which takes place on weekdays after school, as well as on select Saturdays.
Throughout the apprenticeship, students will:
• learn the fundamentals of kids yoga
• learn how to instruct young children in small groups
• develop good work habits and learn about the expectations of the studio/ wellness workplace
• be considered for a paid job during the summer
• Students are eligible for community service hours.
Do I qualify for the Teen Apprenticeship Program?
To be selected, applicants must be enrolled in a local high school and:
• have an interest in health/movement
• be 16 years old or older by June 1
• have an interest in working with children
• be able to commit to the apprenticeship program as well as the paid summer job
• What does the summer internship involve?
• Interns will be placed at summer camps around NYC.
• Internships will begin the end of June and last 8/9 weeks.
• Interns will work about 20-25 hours per week.
• Interns will earn an hourly wage the summer internship. This includes work hours and training.
All communication for regarding the apprenticeship should be directly sent to email@example.com
Kallie Marcus,B.Comm. RYT,RCYT